For Sale

Monday, March 9, 2015

Proud of myself!

Today I am so proud of myself! Wanna know why?
For many years my jade choker necklace has been broken. One or two strings have been worn away and broke. After all, this necklace is at least 30 years old! I had to string it once before (that is, I just tied a knot at one end, strung the beads and tied a knot on the other end and considered it done.

It broke again probably 5 years ago. I bought the string to restrung it but there it just sat. At one time I considered hiring someone to string it but hey, I wasn't about to dish $20 (minimum) when I can use that money for something else.

Today I was determined. Watched a couple of Utubes on beading with string and a couple of hours later . . .


Viola! All strung up and ready to wear again! I'm so excited! I haven't worn this choker necklace in A-G-E-S!!

By the way, did you know that silk string comes with its own needle and the thread does not come off its needle??? Amazing!! Beading has come a l-o-n-g way!!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I am so proud of you. You did a great job in stringing your necklace back together. Your necklace is beautiful. Now it's time to put an elegant outfit together and wear the necklace to go on a date with your hubby. :)

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Awesome job Fran. What a pretty necklace.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate YOU!