For Sale

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year 2015!!

I'm back from "vacation" and have a lot of pictures to share with you.  So sit back, grab a cup of tea, and read on.

The craft fair started up rather quickly. We weren't ready. It was a busy year so we created what we could and made promises that in 2015 we would spend more time crafting items to sell.

I didn't take many of pictures of my products. However, here's one of my pocket book calendars. I went through my stash of leftover Ningyogami dolls, popped them on pocket book calenders with matching Washi pens.


My Hawaiian Little Keiki Girl was an addition this year. Along with the Little Washi girl and boy frames, she did really well and I sold out of them.

Our office had an Ugly Sweater contest.  Unfortunately, they only gave us one day notice.  I picked up this sweater at the local thrift store.

Bust out my scrapping supplies and added ribbon, buttons, and metal embellishments.  I couldn't find any applique or felt characters.  However, while I was looking around at Fisher Hawaii, I found a raindeer felt gift bag:


Cut his face out and added it on with hot glue.  (Sorry, I didn't take a picture of my whole outfit).  Added straight leg pants and black boots and I was done!  I did win 2nd place . . . but there were only two participants!!  LOL!!  Hey, I know it's cute and its NOT ugly at all . . . but I've discovered . . .  I just can't do UGLY!!  :o)

In between all that, I donated my time and supplies participating in a free Make-and-Take one hour lunch at my former job.  Three of us gals each created a tag and showed our fellow co-workers how to make them.  Here is my sample.  I used the old Sizzix retired Gingerbread man, some rhinestones, whole punch and glitter rickrack ribbon.  I must say they came out very cute!

Now comes the last minute gift wrapping!!  You know my penchant for matching handmade tags with wrapping paper?  Well, this year I went with a Santa Claus theme:


Red paper bags decorated to look like Santa jackets and a white pull up.  (I did this last year but with Snowmen).

Santa cans using recycled cans I had saved throughout the year.  After decorating, the cans were wrapped in clear cellophane bags.

Santa Cookies in a Jar, again wrapped in clear cellophane bags after decorating.

The other side of the jars with cookie name and cooking instructions.

Almost there!!
Last but not least, little nail care gifts.  The clear acrylic contains wrapped with a Santa Belt.

I'm gonna end here for now.  I have a lot to catch up but the butter mochi is almost done baking in the oven and I'm gonna spend some time with DH watching a movie.

Tea swaps continue to be held once a month.  We have a wonderful brunch of gals participating.  It's fun and easy to participate.  Drop me a line if you are interested in joining us!!

Classes start up again soon with an omiyage set for January's class.  I hope to bring on this blog more crafting projects with instructions on creating your own this year . . . Hopefully I will have more time :o)

Happy New Year!  I hope 2015 brings you all the best and inspires you to do even more!!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Wow Fran! As usual you did an amazing job on the items that you made for the craft fair along with your Santa themed gifts. I am so impressed with everything that you made.

Yes your the sweater that you put together is much more cute thank ugly. :) Congrats on winning second prize.

Thanks for continuing to organize the tea swap. It's been lots of fun each month participating in it.

Have a blessed 2015 with lots of crafting!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate YOU!