For Sale

Sunday, September 21, 2014

A Recipe Box - a class

Time has flown by!  I haven't had time to actually sit down on my personal computer for a while!!

Last minute post on the upcoming class scheduled this Saturday called A Recipe Box.

Note that just making the box and cover will take the whole class period!!  Here is the sample, we will be concentrating on just creating the box and cover:


Take off the cover, and it looks like this:


The box fits 3 x 5 index cards.  I'll show you my prototype using scraps I have lying around.

Oops!  I just noticed the words are crooked.  I can fix that real quick. The inside of my prototype:

The box is real study, being made from chipboard.  Class is scheduled Saturday, September 27 from 1:30p to 4:30p at A Place in Time in Kailua.  Cost is $23.  Please bring the following supplies to class:

Paper Trimmer, scoring tool, bone folder, scissors, pencil or pen; adhesive of your choice, Tacky glue,
embossing tool (the ball tip type), ruler, 6 office supply clamps or clips to hold your project ends while the glue sets); ADDED:  Black ink pad, Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.

(Please note that this project may be a little difficult for beginners)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A special baby shower was held yesterday.  I was in charge of the favors and here they are:

 

And a closer shot:



Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

It's so cool that the people that will be attending your next class will get to learn how to make a recipe box. I really like the DSP that you used on your sample.

The party favors that you made for the baby shower turned out really cute. What a perfect sentiment for the popcorn box. What a great idea to tie a nice ribbon and make a tag for the hand sanitizers.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate YOU!