For Sale

Friday, December 14, 2012

A Child's View


Today's post is a little different. It isn't something I created from scratch but something a 5 year old and an 8 year old created.

Several weeks ago, my aunt called asking for my help.  This year she wanted her two granddaughters to make Christmas cards for their classmates.  They were baking goodies this weekend and wanted a handmade card.  We discussed several ideas:  Did she want me to make simple card kits or would they like to draw a picture for the card. 



Long story short, the girls decided to draw their cards and they did a BEAUTIFUL job!!  I just love it!! This one was done by the 8 year old.  I scanned the original, shrank it down, printed it in color.


Here is the inside of the little tag. 


This one was done by the "almost" 5 year old.  I was very impressed!


And the inside, written by her.

I cut and matted 20 tags of each card.  Punched a hole at the top and put gold fiber.  At the back of each tag is a label stated "Drawn by ____, Chrismas 2012".

I included 3 stickles to their kit so all they would have to do would be to add the stickles to the ornaments and the star on the drawing, then sign their name and attach it to the goodie bags.

They came out soooo cute!!!

2 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Awwww, these turned out really cute and sweet. They did a fantastic job and bound to be future paper crafters. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my calendar post. Have a great weekend.

Colleen said...

The tags that your aunt's granddaughters made are so cute. It always brings a smile to my face when I see a child's drawings. You did a fab job in putting a kit together for them to make the tags.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate YOU!